I have been a Midwife since 1986 working with women and their families, at home, in Family Birth Centres, in Public and Private Maternity Units. Also, I assist couples to utilise Natural Family Planning methods to avoid pregnancy during breast-feeding and beyond.
- I believe that pregnancy and childbirth is a normal life event
- I believe in low intervention as it benefits Mothers and Babies
- I believe a Midwife is the best choice to keep birth natural
- I believe that a woman will always make birthing choices in her baby’s best interest
- I believe a woman is entitled to be supported in her birthing choices
- I believe that women differ, and therefore their birthing choices will differ
- I believe in Human Rights for Mothers & Babies
I have worked at Public and Private hospitals throughout Australia and overseas, since 1986.
Qualifications: Registered Nurse; Registered Midwife; Bachelor of Nursing; Midwifery; Childbirth Education; Sexual & Reproductive Health (Pap Test Provider); Natural Family Planning.
You are a midwife, assisting at someone else’s birth. Do good without show or fuss.
Facilitate what is happening rather than what you think ought to be happening.
If you must take the lead, do so that the mother is helped, yet still free and in charge.
When the baby is born, the mother will very rightly say: “We did it ourselves!”
~ from The Tao Te Ching